Ayurvedic Integrative Counseling
Discover the balance, health, and happiness you desire
Conventional medicine defines health as the absence of disease.
Is that enough for you?
The definition of health from the Ayurvedic perspective is that:
a person is healthy when their Body, Mind, and Spirit is full of bliss 24 hours a day.
Doesn’t that sound more like it?
Here are a few common examples of why someone might seek out an Ayurvedic consult:
- Chronic allergies
- Elimination issues like recurring constipation or diarrhea
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- A desire to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way without following any strict plan or fad
- Sleep issues like feeling fatigued, waking up in the middle of the night, or difficulty falling asleep
- Hot flashes or other menopausal symptoms
- Quick to anger
- Having a negative outlook on life
- Feeling like thoughts float into your head and float right out; a general sense of being ungrounded
- A general feeling of something being wrong, but not quite being able to put your finger on what
- Feeling like you know there’s something more to this life, but don’t you know how to find it.
- Wishing you understood things like Intuition
- Feeling disconnected from your Heart and struggling to embody spiritual tenets like Radical Acceptance, Presence, and Forgiveness
Ayurveda translates to the knowledge of life and is the oldest holistic and preventative approach to health. It is a mechanism of identifying what may be out of balance within your system, and provides options for treating this imbalance through modalities like diet, lifestyle, and consciousness based healing. Through the teachings of this ancient healing technique, you will learn how to tap into the innate wisdom of your own body and be able to use this knowledge as a form of preventative care.
“I wish I would have started with heart-based meditation instruction and integrative counseling as opposed to trying three different talk therapists over two years. When I did experience difficulties in my professional and private life, Sarah equipped me with the tactics and tools to help me either prepare or decompress. Through our work together, I learned how to go within and trust what is. Acceptance has brought me so much peace.” C.B.
What sort of healing modalities are used?
Ayurveda is holistic, so always included in your consult is a look at diet, lifestyle, and sleep behaviors. Essential oils, aromatherapy, herbs, and movement therapies can be used to help you find balance. The good news is that if one thing doesn’t appeal to you (perhaps smells bother you and therefore aromatherapy holds little appeal), there is always another route we can take to achieve a beneficial result. We will also discuss your mental and spiritual well being. True health encompasses all aspects- it’s well documented how stress and anxiety effect our physical health as much as eating McDonalds every day. Our spiritual health is important, too; my favorite definition of which is by the Australian National University which regards it as: “not referring to any particular religious or spiritual practice or ideology but to the human need for meaning, purpose and connection to something greater than ourselves. It is a very diverse and often individualized aspect to health, giving context and meaning to all other parts of ourselves and our life experiences.” What could matter more?
As part of our work together, you can learn, among other things:
- How your mind, body, and spirit are connected, and what you can do to find harmony between all three
- An effortless form of Meditation
- How you can access the innate wisdom of your Intuition
- The Energetic Flow of Emotions and Emotional Mastery
- How Chakras effect you and how imbalances within the Chakras can be healed
Why would you choose to see what Integrative Counseling can do for you?
There was a time in my life that I had no idea what meditation was, or that there was an alternative to traditional talk therapy. I had never heard of advancing consciousness, had only a vague idea of what intuition was, and had never considered I might be more than my physical body. And my physical body? That wasn’t doing too well, either. I was plagued by allergies and migraines, and went through bouts of difficulty sleeping. All I knew was that I didn’t like taking medication every day, and that I was suffering a tremendous amount of emotional pain- the kind that I didn’t think I would ever truly get over. The idea that I could actually look forward to something, without having an ounce of fear or imagining the worst case scenario, was foreign. I didn’t want to have children because I was petrified I would inflict emotional pain upon them, as was done to me. And forget about looking back into my past to try to heal anything- it was simply too painful, and nothing seemed to make it any better.
When I found Ayurveda, I learned that with just a few simple changes to lifestyle and diet, my allergies and migraines disappeared.
I experienced how quickly meditation began to change my brain and how I experienced life in general.
I discovered that just a few months of this different form of Counseling healed what years upon years of talk therapy and antidepressants couldn’t.
And I realized that supporting others while they journey from the depths of unawareness to the awakening of consciousness is my true calling.
So what exactly is Integrative Counseling?
I won’t tell you what to do.
I don’t have a crystal ball to give you all the answers.
If you want someone to do the work for you, you’ve come to the wrong place.
- I will support you as you investigate what it means to awaken to your truest self.
- I will take you through guided meditations that will heal emotional and energetic blocks that stand between you and your fullest potential.
- I will help you learn how to connect to the innate wisdom that exists within you, so that you may discover what foods, supplements, physical activity, and other choices will lead you to the whole health you seek.
“Our work together definitely met my expectations and more; it was the best healing experience I’ve had in my life. Loved the process and the approach; the content was organic and exactly what I needed.” Kim D.
My job is to help fix the broken communication lines between you and your best self.
- To help you unplug your ears so you can hear your own truth.
- To teach you how to tap into your intuition so you can live a life full of ease and grace, free from suffering and doubt.
- To give you a foundation for the world of spirituality at whatever level feels most comfortable for you- whether you want a deeper understanding of prayer and meditation, to learn more about the chakras, or wish to delve into the layers of consciousness.
This sounds interesting, but I’m not sure…
If you are still wondering what all that means and are intrigued, please click here to set up a 15 minute phone call so we can discuss if moving on to an initial consultation is right for you. It is especially important with this type of work that we make sure we are a good fit, so if we decide to move on after our quick chat, we will schedule an hour long free initial conversation to discuss why you want to do this work and what you hope to get out of it. At that time I can also give you contact info for past Integrative Counseling clients so you can hear from them what sort of change our sessions have brought in their lives. After we have established that working together is in your best interest, we will create a mentoring package that is appropriate for you and your goals. This can be anywhere from three months to six months or more of continued care.
All meetings can be done either in person or via Zoom, so please don’t let your location stop you from reaching out.
I look forward to hearing about your journey,