Biodynamic Integrative Counseling
Discover the balance, health, and happiness you desire
Conventional medicine defines health as the absence of disease.
Is that enough for you?
The definition of health from the Ayurvedic perspective is that:
a person is healthy when their Body, Mind, and Spirit is full of bliss 24 hours a day.
Doesn’t that sound more like it?
Here are a few common examples of why someone might seek out a Biodynamic Integrative Counseling consult:
- Chronic allergies
- Elimination issues like recurring constipation or diarrhea
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Covid related Issues
- Sleep issues like feeling fatigued, waking up in the middle of the night, or difficulty falling asleep
- Hot flashes or other menopausal symptoms
- Quick to anger
- Having a negative outlook on life
- Feeling like thoughts float into your head and float right out; a general sense of being ungrounded
- A general feeling of something being wrong, but not quite being able to put your finger on what
- Feeling like you know there’s something more to this life, but don’t you know how to find it.
- Wishing you understood things like Intuition
- Feeling disconnected from your Heart and struggling to embody spiritual tenets like Radical Acceptance, Presence, and Forgiveness
Why a holistic approach?
Do you know someone who is physically fit but is prone to outbursts of anger? Or someone who is financially successful but is obese, never exercises, and eats fast-food every day? Or how about someone who is physically fit, mentally robust, but is always looking for love in all the wrong places? Or a spiritually elevated person who is later revealed to have taken very immoral actions?
The truth is that health can be present or lacking on a multitude of levels. We all have a physical, energetic, emotional, mental, and spiritual side; how balanced and clear we are on all of these planes of existence is what creates our overall state of health and happiness. Biodynamic Integrative Counseling is about addressing all these layers, not just one.
“I wish I would have started with heart-based meditation instruction and integrative counseling as opposed to trying three different talk therapists over two years. When I did experience difficulties in my professional and private life, Sarah equipped me with the tactics and tools to help me either prepare or decompress. Through our work together, I learned how to go within and trust what is. Acceptance has brought me so much peace.” C.B.
What is Biodynamic Integrative Counseling?
Utilizing Ayurvedic principles as the foundation, with Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy and Spiritual Mentoring as integral parts of the process, Biodynamic Integrative Counseling addresses everything from diet and sleep behaviors, to emotional health, mental fortitude, and spirituality. True health encompasses all aspects- it’s well documented how stress and anxiety affect our physical health as much as eating McDonalds every day. Our spiritual health is important, too; my favorite definition of which is by the Australian National University which regards it as: “not referring to any particular religious or spiritual practice or ideology but to the human need for meaning, purpose and connection to something greater than ourselves. It is a very diverse and often individualized aspect to health, giving context and meaning to all other parts of ourselves and our life experiences.” What could matter more?
As part of our work together, you can learn, among other things:
- The basic principles of Ayurveda, which translates to the knowledge of life and is the oldest holistic and preventative approach to health. It is a mechanism of identifying what may be out of balance within your system, and provides options for treating this imbalance through modalities like diet, lifestyle, and consciousness based healing.
- How your mind, body, and spirit are connected, and what you can do to find harmony between all three
- An effortless form of Meditation
- How you can access the innate wisdom of your Intuition
- The Energetic Flow of Emotions and Emotional Mastery
- How Chakras effect you and how imbalances within the Chakras can be healed
- Your patterns and beliefs surrounding the essential spiritual tenets of Acceptance, Alignment, Presence, Gratitude, Joy, Forgiveness, and Compassion
Why would you choose to see what Biodynamic Integrative Counseling can do for you?
There was a time in my life that I had no idea what meditation was, or that there was an alternative to traditional talk therapy. I had never heard of advancing consciousness, had only a vague idea of what intuition was, and had never considered I might be more than my physical body. And my physical body? That wasn’t doing too well, either. I was plagued by allergies and migraines, and went through bouts of difficulty sleeping. All I knew was that I didn’t like taking medication every day, and that I was suffering a tremendous amount of emotional pain- the kind that I didn’t think I would ever truly get over. The idea that I could actually look forward to something, without having an ounce of fear or imagining the worst case scenario, was unimaginable. I didn’t want to have children because I was petrified I would inflict emotional pain upon them, as was done to me. And forget about looking back into my past to try to heal anything- it was simply too painful, and nothing seemed to make it any better.
When I found Ayurveda, I learned that with just a few simple changes to lifestyle and diet, my allergies and migraines disappeared.
I was shocked to find how quickly Meditation began to change my brain and how I experienced life in general.
I discovered that just a few months of this different form of Counseling healed what years upon years of talk therapy and antidepressants couldn’t.
When I found Craniosacral Therapy, I found a way of integrating and healing on multiple levels of my being, from the physical to the spiritual.
And I realized that supporting others while they journey from the depths of unawareness to the awakening of consciousness is my true calling.
Now, this is all “big” stuff. I was suffering from severe anxiety, depression, and physical issues; trying to recover from multiple layers of trauma. But…
…it’s important to note here that Biodynamic Integrative Counseling isn’t only for people who are dealing with major Trauma or life changes. It’s for anyone who wants to make big or small shifts in how they experience life. For people who want to let go of limiting beliefs, negative patterns, and past programming so that they can develop more empowering ways of thinking. It’s for the people pleasers, the ones with no boundaries, those who are struggling to figure out how to stand their ground and simply be who they are without constantly second guessing themselves. Really, it’s for anyone. The only requirement is curiosity.
My job is to help fix the broken communication lines between you and your best self.
- I will support you as you investigate what it means to awaken to your truest self; help unplug your ears so you can hear your own truth.
- I will take you through guided meditations that will heal emotional and energetic blocks that stand between you and your fullest potential; give you a foundation for the world of spirituality at whatever level feels most comfortable for you- whether you want a deeper understanding of prayer and meditation, to learn more about the chakras, or wish to delve into the layers of consciousness and other metaphysical concepts.
- I will help you learn how to connect to the innate wisdom that exists within you, so that you may discover what foods, supplements, physical activity, and other choices will lead you to the whole health you seek; teach you how to tap into your intuition so you can live a life full of ease and grace, free from suffering and doubt.
“Our work together definitely met my expectations and more; it was the best healing experience I’ve had in my life. Loved the process and the approach; the content was organic and exactly what I needed.” Kim D.
How to proceed…
- The first step is to schedule a 15 minute phone call so we can discuss if moving on to an initial consultation is right for you. If it isn’t, I will hopefully be able to give you recommendations to help you move forward in another direction.
- If we decide to move on after our quick chat, we will schedule a 90 minute initial consult to discuss in depth why you want to do this work and what you hope to get out of it. About an hour of that session will be spent talking, and then you will receive a 30 minute Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy session. This allows you to experience an integral part of any counseling package, as well as give me the opportunity to gain further insight. If you desire, at this time I can also give you contact info for past Integrative Counseling clients so you can hear from them what sort of change our sessions have brought in their lives. The investment for this 90 minute initial consult is $140.
- I will then create a mentoring package that is appropriate for you and your goals. We will schedule a 30 minute followup session for approximately a week later to go over the package in detail and answer any questions you may have. This followup session is free of charge.
Please email me with any questions.
I look forward to hearing about your journey,